Ways of Giving and Planned Giving
WAYS OF GIVING
The Sunnyside Christian School Foundation will accept gifts in many forms. Many of the gift options listed below provide potential income and/or estate tax benefits to the donor. Please consult your tax advisor to determine the tax implications of your gift to the Sunnyside Christian School Foundation.
- Cash – A very simple way to give. You can give a one-time gift, schedule a gift of monthly payments, or make a pledge to give a yearly gift to the SCS Foundation.
- Commodities – God often blesses us with non-monetary gifts that can be used for kingdom service. The SCS Foundation is willing to accept almost any type of commodity.
- Contracts/Note Receivables – Contracts of various forms often have an impact on one’s income and subsequently, tax liabilities. The SCS Foundation can accept these as a charity donation, which will benefit the SCS Foundation as well as the donor.
- Life Insurance Policies – Receive a deduction on the computed current value of your paid-up policy or premium payments. Name the SCS Foundation as a beneficiary in a new or current policy and provide a substantial gift through small premium payments. Consider the SCS Foundaiton before discontinuing a life insurance policy.
- Marketable Securities – Such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds. Receive a charitable deduction for the full fair market value of your gift and avoid paying tax on any capital gains.
- Memorials – Make a gift to the SCS Foundation in memory of a loved one.
- Real Estate – Receive a deduction for the appraised market value and avoid paying tax on your capital gains.
- Retirement Accounts – Maxamize the value of your gift by avoiding income and estate taxes. Donate your required minimum distribution to the SCS Foundation tax free. A donation counts as your required minimum distribution, but does not increase your adjusted gross income.
In addition to making gifts during your lifetime, you may wish to consider a charitable donation to the Sunnyside Christian School Foundation as part of your estate plan. Many of the planned giving options listed below provide potential income and/or estate tax benefits to the donor. Please consult your tax advisor and attorney to determine any tax and estate implications of your gift to the Sunnyside Christian School Foundation.
- Charitable Bequest – Make a bequest through your estate as noted in your will.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – A very popular way to receive an income for life while making an immediate and significant gift to the Sunnyside Christian School Foundation.
- Charitable Trusts – Craft a charitable lead or remainder trust to your specific charitable and financial objectives.
- Life Estate Contract – Donate a real estate contract and retain full use of the property for the remainder of your life.
PO Box 667
Sunnyside WA 98944
509-837-2050 Call or Text