Board of Directors
The purpose of Sunnyside Christian School’s board of directors is to provide oversight and guidance to the school administration. The board is responsible for ensuring that the school is meeting its mission and goals and that it is operating in a financially sound manner. The board also plays a role in admissions, reviewing the meetings of all school committees, and providing guidance where needed.
The board is made up of men and women who are parents of current students and/or alumni. They are elected at the yearly Society meeting and serve for a term of three years. The board meets monthly to discuss a variety of topics, including:
- Financial matters
- Student discipline
- School facilities
- Marketing and public relations
The board plays a vital role in the success of Sunnyside Christian. By providing oversight and guidance, the board helps to ensure that the school is providing a quality education that is aligned with the school’s mission and values.
Here are some specific examples of how a board of directors helps SCS:
- The board can help to ensure that the school is financially sound by approving the budget and monitoring financial performance.
- The board can help to recruit and retain qualified teachers and staff.
- The board can help to develop and implement a strategic plan for the school.
- The board can represent the school to the community and to potential donors.
- The board can help to resolve conflicts and make difficult decisions.
In short, our Board of Directors is a valuable group of people. By providing oversight and guidance, the board can help to ensure that the school is successful and that it is providing a quality education to its students.
2023-2024 School Board
President- Chris Clapp (email@example.com)
Vice President- Henry Bosma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary- Dave Andringa (email@example.com)
Treasurer- Brian Newhouse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Other members at large:
Tamra Marsh (email@example.com)
Aaron Prins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jason Smeenk (email@example.com)
Scott Wolters (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Laura Eisenga (email@example.com)