WAYS OF GIVING
Donors to Sunnyside Christian School Foundation give in a variety of ways. Gifts can be in the form of:
- Cash - a very simple way to give. You give SCS Foundation an immediate gift, paid in various forms. You can give a one-time gift, a gift of monthly payments, or make a pledge of a one, two, or three year commitment.
- Memorials - make a gift to SCS Foundation in memory of a loved one.
- Marketable Securities such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds - receive a charitable deduction for the full fair market value and avoid paying tax on any capital gains.
- Contracts/Note Receivables - contracts of various forms often have an impact on one's income and subsequently, tax liabilities. SCS Foundation can accept these as a charity donation, which will benefit the school and giver as well.
- Life Insurance Policies - receive a deduction on the computed current value of your paid-up policy or premium payments. Name SCS Foundation as a beneficiary in a new or current policy and provide a substantial gift through small premium payments. Consider SCS before dropping or discontinuing a life insurance policy.
- Real Estate - receive a deduction for the appraised market value and avoid paying tax on your capital gains.
- 401K, 403B, and IRA accounts - maximize the value of your gift by avoiding income and estate taxes.
- Commodities - God has often blessed us with non-monetary gifts that can be used for kingdom service. SCS Foundation is willing to accept almost any type of commodity that would benefit the school which would also fit with your financial structure (ex. grains, cattle, fruit, dairy, feeds, etc.).
If you would like more information regarding any of these possibilities please contact the Foundation office at 509-837-2050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many friends, graduates, and supporters of Sunnyside Christian School have given a gift through their estate plan.
Here are some examples of how you can leave a legacy of support to Sunnyside Christian School:
- Charitable bequest - make a bequest through your estate as noted in your will.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - a very popular way to receive an income for life while making an immediate and significant gift to Sunnyside Christian School.
- Charitable Trusts - craft a charitable lead or remainder trust to your specific charitable and financial objectives.
- Life Estate Contract - donate a real estate contract (house or land) and retain full use of the property until death.
A good option to set up and manage these funds would be the Barnabas Foundation of which SCS Foundation is a member. To learn more about the Barnabas Foundation use the link at the left to review their website.
You can establish a fund any time during your lifetime or through your estate plan. The Foundation has several options available that provide current tax and estate planning benefits while helping you support Sunnyside Christian School.
We would be happy to connect you with a Barnabas representative to discuss which giving program best meets your needs.